Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dancing in Ireland




Dancing is so wonderful I'm dedicating a whole blog entry to just that. Yesterday I went to 2 Irish dance classes: the beginner and the intermediate.

In a nutshell the beginner is almost too easy, but I don't have near enough of the basic knowledge for intermediate.
(Though my limited knowledge provides for great entertainment when hanging out with Irish friends who also dance, 7's in the kitchen don't ya know)


For those that don't know, the only dance class I've ever taken has been Ms Sally Sherman's Tap/Jazz course the Spring semester of 2011. So as much as I love dance and enjoy it, I really don't have all the fundamentals down, I just learn choreography decently. This semester I plan on changing that.

I'll be continuing with both the beginner and the intermediate courses.

The beginner class meets the hour before the intermediate class so I'll use it as an hour work out that gets my confidence up a bit more to then have my butt kicked in the intermediate course the following hour. Hopefully by the end I'll really be able to dance well. I intend on choreographing for Orchesis for Fall 2012 which I've already started working on down at a pub called Tig Coili while they're playing trad music. :P
(and yes, I go to pubs just to hear music and dance in my own head)
One of the groups that we've seen play down on Shop Street in Tig Coili

Well that's all for now. I'll try to keep up with this slightly better this coming week :P

1 comment:

  1. So cool - I'm really glad you're getting this opportunity! Maybe you'll have a dance recital after we get there!

    ReplyDelete