Wednesday, February 8, 2012

On Being Homesick

Home Sweet Home

This weekend was my first real homesick experience being gone this semester. It started while I was in Paris. For those of you that don't know, I grew up right outside of Washington D.C. which happens to be planned after the city plans of Paris. The first pangs of wanting to be home came when we were on a tour bus around the city. We came to an intersection that I double-took because it looked extremely similar to not only just an intersection in DC but also a JBG building. It hit me pretty suddenly and took me definitely by surprise.

Here are my theories on why I got so homesick:

  1. Paris reminds me a LOT of DC
  2. I was consistently tired this weekend from lots of traveling and very long days of tourism
  3. I missed the Extravaganza up at school (only the greatest dance of the entire year)
  4. Superbowl Sunday without a big party, and NO American commercials!!! (we looked them up online to get our fill)
  5. Hormones
  6. Just a general missing of everyone
  7. Lack of puppy

Not to mention next Friday is my Mother's birthday and I miss my family greatly.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!

1 comment:

  1. AW, thanks for remembering my birthday!! It hadn't even occurred to me that it was next Friday already! Homesickness is kind of stinky, but soon enough you'll be home for the summer! Let's talk on skype soon :)

    ReplyDelete